The two primary performance areas of a carbon graphite rod are its balance between sensitivity and strength. A rod has to be light enough to be sensitive to feel the lightest takes and bumps, yet strong enough to not hit the breaking point from casting and landing Mr. Hog Johnson.
With a 40T Tonnage Ranking (the highest is typically 46T) this rod is proportionately balanced to provide the sensitivity needed. With the added NANO Technology which adds Silica NANO carbon fiber material and holds together the carbon fibers with a resin impregnated with silica nano spheres. This is relatively new technology that has proven to produce a material that is significantly stronger and lighter than traditional carbon fiber.
- 9FT 5wt
- Made of High Modulus (IM12 Rating), Low Resin A-helical core Toray carbon fiber from Japan
- Fast tapers produce high line speed for incredible casting distance and line control
- 100% Carbon graphite rod, not a combination of graphite and fiberglass
- Weight is 97g
- Fast Action
- AAA grade cork handles (highest grade available)
- Carbon Fiber weave and anodized black aluminum reel seat
- Sea Guide PVD guides